Monday, March 19, 2012

Full Custody of Child after Battery (WISCONSIN) Attorney Question?

Question by : Full Custody of Child after Battery (WISCONSIN) Attorney Question? Years ago my ex husband beat my daughter. He pleaded guilty and was charged with Battery rather Child Abuse. He is wealthy and always threatened to take her from me eventually in our divorce (I FILED) he did win. Is it right for the courts to award full custody to a father even though he beat her and I never did? Yes I went through a depression and self medicated with drugs and alcohol when he dropped my health insurance but I quickly cleaned my self up and got help and clean. They claimed as a mother who suffered depression I was more likely to hurt my daughter and kill her than him when he beat her TWO TIMES because mothers usually take their own lives and their childrens. When I attempted suicide I took my daughter to her grandparents home so she would be well protected. Yes this was a horrible and selfish mistake but how long must we suffer. My daughter is 9 years old now I haven't seen her in 5 years and have other children 4 that live home with me. What are my chances without an attorney. He is very wealthy, I am scared and unfortunately my husband and I are not wealthy. We do not live off government assistance but can not afford the thousands attorneys require. I need Help. Let me respond to your rude comment you are saying my daughter is better off with an abusive father that beat her when she was 7 months old. Threw her into a wall and busted a blood vessel in her eye as well? Need I mention that I was also going through postpartum depression and dealing with his abuse. I continued counseling long after I left him and my therapist said the problem wasn't me psychologically it was his abuse. So how is that? You are as sick and twisted as he is if you think that I shouldn't be in my daughters life because of depression he caused. Also to mention how amazing my 4 kids I have at home are!!!! Grow Up!!! Best answer:

Answer by Landlord
This pretty much sums it up, "...I attempted suicide....". This is PROOF that you do not put your child's interest ahead of your own. She was only 4 when this happened? From what you have stated I can't see how they had any choice. You are unstable. He is. I don't see how it is possible, or even desirable, for you to rip her from her home, attorney or no attorney. Why don't you have visitation? You should try to get that. If you already have that and have refused to see your daughter all these years do the poor child a favor and leave her alone. You have screwed her up enough already.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment