Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How do I get a copy of my final divorce papers?

Question by mitchells.mommy: How do I get a copy of my final divorce papers? My ex husband and I were supposed to have a trial but on the trial date we came to an agreement. We orally agreed, his attorney was supposed to draft the paperwork within 30 days and my attorney told me that I would get a copy of this paperwork. It has been over two months and I have yet to get any paperwork. My attorney is on maternity leave and unavailable. I am wondering if I was supposed to get a copy mailed or if I have to go to the courthouse to request a copy. I am in Wisconsin, if anyone has the answers I'd appreciate it. Best answer:

Answer by Bowlegalicious
After my divorce I had to go to my county courthouse for the final papers. My "New" husband was told by the clerk in his county that they never mail copies of the finalized divorce, she also said that they had to come in person, show i.d. and know their case number.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment