Monday, March 26, 2012

I already filed for divorce in Florida 5 months ago, can I move to Wisconsin and fly back for court dates?

Question by Diva: I already filed for divorce in Florida 5 months ago, can I move to Wisconsin and fly back for court dates? Husband left everything including our $ 400K home which I cannot possibly pay for (and it went into foreclosure last month) 8 months ago. I filed for divorce and he was served 5 months ago. He never paid any child support. Court is very slow and we go to mediation in 6 weeks which my husband will contest everything and he is already threatening to delay as long as he can. He has no attorney and I can barely afford one. He moved back to our hometown in Wisconsin. Now I've lost my job and want to move back to my family who also live in WI. But if I move there I have to wait 6 more months to file again. And this situation is horrid. I have no family support here and my son and I won't have our apartment much longer and with the economy as it is, jobs are scarce. Best answer:

Answer by Coonass
I would say yes since you lived there when you filed... I would just call the courts though..

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment