Monday, March 19, 2012

how do i get my money back for my attorney?

Question by : how do i get my money back for my attorney? I live in SC. I paid an attorney $ 450 for an uncontested divorce. No children, property or debt. A very simple divorce. It has now been almost 9 weeks since I paid him. And nothing. I have called him several times and each time I'm told to be patient or he had an electrical problem and he has to move and then his back hurt etc. After 8 weeks I think he would of been able to do my paperwork and file them in the courts but nothing. I've called the bar and they gave him 5 days to response and nothing. I've called him, sent him emails left messages and again nothing. I've asked him to give me my money back. And he told me no. What do I do? I want to get remarried soon but need this divorce do ne. I have been sperated for 5 years now but just recently found the location of my ex and spoke to him and there is no problem with him signing the papers. I just need my $ 450.00 to pay somebody else. Best answer:

Answer by PatoJAM
Ooh man, sorry to hear that.. This is a hard thing. I would just advise you to forget it and move on.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment