Thursday, October 18, 2012

After being divorced for almost 15 years can I now get joint custody of my daughter?

Question by paul s: After being divorced for almost 15 years can I now get joint custody of my daughter? I have been divorced for 15 years and my ex-wife has full custody of my daughter. She does not have legal guardianship but I think she is applying. My 21 year old daughter is handicapped and is uncapable of making decisions for herself. My question is what are my chances now of getting joint custody of my daughter and how long will it take and approx how much does it cost. I live in NY now but my divorce was from Florida. I would like to hear answers from attorneys or people familiar with family law. THANKS> Best answer:

Answer by lucidwillow
I'm not a lawyer but I am certain you would have to prove your ex to be perversely unfit to win a case such as this. You have been divorced for 15 yrs and now you could per sue guardianship over your daughter the judge would wonder why now. I am sure you could find a lawyer to take the case but it could cost as little as 8,000 and go up from there.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment