Friday, October 12, 2012

After a divorce, is it fair to pull away health benefits from a pregnant former wife?

Question by Reality: After a divorce, is it fair to pull away health benefits from a pregnant former wife? Claire and I had divorced earlier this year, but I kept her on my health benefits plan because it was legal to do so, as I work for a college that allows domestic partner benefits, and my wife and I had moved back in with each other in hopes of reconciling. Long story, but Claire's out of my house again and called me today saying I better not take her off my benefits plan "or there will be hell to pay!" She's currently running for district attorney and took a leave from her firm, so doesn't have her own benefits. She's also pregnant (the kid probably not being mine). Anyway, my former girlfriend, Krystka (also pregnant; maybe mine), has moved back in with me, and she, being just 20 and a Polish citizen, has no benefits here. My benefits plan is excellent, and what's considered a "domestic partner" is quite liberal, so I'd like to swap out Claire for Krystka so that she gets the best neonatal care the state of Florida has to offer. When you divorced, what became of your benefits plan? Would it be morally right for me to pull benefits away from my pregnant former wife at her moment of need? Well, I think Krystka's kid is more likely to be mine, and I probably have more of a future with her vs. Claire. Best answer:

Answer by ashbcutie
If she's the primary person on the benefit plan, then no.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment