Friday, May 18, 2012

Can my spouse continuously enter home after Exclusive Use has been granted?

Question by : Can my spouse continuously enter home after Exclusive Use has been granted? My divorcing wife and I own a home together in Wisconsin, after Temporary Order Hearing I was given Exclusive Use of the home & placement of the kids. My wife entered the home continuously for the first couple weeks retrieving property. Though a bit excessive (grabbing one item at a time), it was necessary for her to get her stuff. Two months have passed and she still walks in the front door unannounced & uninvited, I wrote her a letter explaining the disarray it creates with the kids and to please stop doing this. She then told me the bank said if the title & loan still have her name on it, she may enter anytime she wishes. I then talked to the Court Commissioner's office about this and they told me I could call the police but there was nothing they would probably do since they don't like getting involved with divorce cases, she also told me they [Commissioners Office] can't give legal advice to if she can or can't enter. I understand I should seek legal council, but in my situation I had to "act now" despite my financial situation. Supporting the kids, maintaining the financial obligations & paying her maintenance I have no money to hire an attorney. I have searched for the answer greatly, but can't find anything post temp orders defining this topic. I just want to know, can she enter uninvited despite me getting Exclusive Use? Please help, thank you. Best answer:

Answer by Nicole D
So change the locks, and lock the door.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment