Thursday, May 3, 2012

Q&A: How can I evict my husband from our home?

Question by Rey: How can I evict my husband from our home? My husband and I have been married for 25.5 years now and are having irreconcilable differences. He does not pay any bills within our home whatsoever and leaves for days at a time. I have asked him more than 3 times to either move out or sit down and figure out how we should split our assets. He is refusing to do either. Can I legally have him removed from our residence as our divorce proceedings begin? What are my options? I would like to make this as clean as possible, and am asking for nothing but our home. Our children are adults and are not a factor. Resident state is SC. Thanks for any advice! Add: I have seen one lawyer and to no avail. The advice given was not accurate. Scheduling to see a different attorney in a couple of weeks. She advised me that moving out would not be considered abandonment, however, I'm not so sure about that. Serious answers only please. Add: smartypa..yes, I am paying every bill to include the mortgage. He works as well and contributes nothing. Not to mention he has committed adultry more than once and we've decided to try to make things work - which you can see...that's not working anymore. Best answer:

Answer by Roger S
You will have to be the one who moves out. You have no kids and he wasn't abusive to you. If he beats you up, then you can have him removed. For what you said, you have no legal right to force him to leave. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but that's the way it is.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment