Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My ex-wife got pregnant by another man before we were divorced. I live in NC.?

Question by : My ex-wife got pregnant by another man before we were divorced. I live in NC.? We separated in March 2009, got divorced in Aug 2010 and she had the baby in Jan 2011, so she was pregnant at the time of divorce but the divorce papers make no mention of it. I just found out about this and don't have all the details but apparently she and her boyfriend are working with an attorney to get it straightened out. I haven't talked to her since our divorce and I am now remarried. I read a few other posts on here about who's name is on the birth certificate and saw a lot of different responses. Could my name be on the birth certificate? How could that be? I am 100% sure the baby is not mine, as I have not even seen my ex since like April 2009. Supposedly I am going to get some sort of document to sign to get everything straight. But I'm not even sure what all is going on. I found out about this today through my ex-sister in-law and she doesn't know all the details. And I refuse to talk to my ex-wife unless a court is going to make me. Needless to say my current wife is really confused and upset. Anyone in NC have experience with this kind of thing??? Is this just an administrative thing or do I have other things to worry about? Of course I do not plan on signing anything without a lawyer looking at it first. Judging by the time line, the baby was apparently conceived prior to our divorce being final but, born after our divorce. From what I can gather, both my ex-wife and her boyfriend want this to be corrected and the boyfriend is not making any claims that he is not the father. He does not want me in any way involved, nor do I want to have any involvement. I am hands down not the father. I just can't figure out why there was no mention of pregnancy in the divorce papers (if she had the baby in Jan 2011, assuming a 9 month pregnancy, surely she would have known she was pregnant in Aug 2010!). And how in the hell could my name be on the birth certificate? Best answer:

Answer by rick
dont sign crap! Make her show that babys not yours. Then thats shows adultry on her part!!

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment