Monday, May 28, 2012

Why a Pre-Trial when we agree on everything?

Question by JamesF in the US: Why a Pre-Trial when we agree on everything? I am going through a divorce in Ohio. Short version of the story is that my spouse and I, through our respective lawyers, have agreed on child support, parenting time, etc. What my attorney called "Temporary Orders". That has been filed with the court and the required support payments have started coming out of my check. Can somebody please help me understand why we are going to a pre-trial when there are no outstanding issues. i.e. we agreed on debt, assets, holiday schedules, everything. Nobody, including my attorney can give me a clear explanation about this. Best answer:

Answer by CJ
Judge needs to be informed, formally for the record, on all dealings and how you will proceed.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment