Sunday, May 6, 2012

Final Divorce Papers?

Question by Roberta S: Final Divorce Papers? I decided to end a long marriage in September 2009. That's when we separated and papers were served on my ex. He refuses to sign the papers. See, one of the reasons I left was because for the past 10 years he has only tried for minimal jobs. We relocated from CA to PA. I think he came here to retire and I was the last to know. Anyway, in PA if one spouse won't sign the divorce papers, PA law makes it linger for 2 years. If 2 years have passed, then a Master goes in and makes the divorce final ... which leads to my question. At a meeting among the 4 of us ... he and I, and our attorneys ... I asked the question: I want to start dating now. Is it legally ok for me to date even though the divorce isn't final? They both answered yes, that it is. I have found a man I'd like to date. We've hit it off on all levels. We both enjoy running in marathons, hiking, just to name a couple of things. However, he joined a support group from a church about marriage, divorce and separation, and it seems that it's the elders' opinion from the church that it would be immoral for him to date me since the divorce isn't final. The opinions from the general group were varied. So my question is: In your opinion in my case, where I'm trapped until Sept. of 2011, is it immoral to date? Thank you for your thoughts Best answer:

Answer by Eveandsteve
The church's view on some matters are highly outdated. You've been separated, I assume don't live together and the divorce is pending. Its not like you're a loving wife cheating on her husband, you are a single woman wanting to date a man, it's not like you plan to get married before the divorce is final.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment