Thursday, August 30, 2012

How can I modify a child support order retroactively to the date I became unemployed?

Question by mermymom5: How can I modify a child support order retroactively to the date I became unemployed? I live in Florida, divorce order is in Ohio, ex spouse is in Georgia. I went to Child Support Enforcement in Florida in August 2009 when I was laid off and requested a change of venue and a modification based on my income. Nothing has been done and Ohio says I am in arrears now. How can I fight this when I did exactly what I was told to do by the state? I am still unemployed and cannot afford an attorney. Best answer:

Answer by Common sense isn't anymore..
They do not have to modify it just because you request it.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment