Thursday, August 2, 2012

I was found NOT Guilty, Can I sue for Damages?

Question by ghostwarriorftw: I was found NOT Guilty, Can I sue for Damages? I was found NOT Guilty in criminal court for Child Endangerment. I am in the process of a divorce, where she is seeking $ 600 a month maintenance, but the child is not mine & she recently gave birth to a second child, which is not mine either(she is not disputing that). While she had me arrested, she tossed out all my clothes, computers and personal family heirlooms. It cost me over $ 13,000 to bail out & hire an attorney to defend myself. She never returned the property she was ordered to return by the judge, Do I have a right to sue? And what if she does not have the money to pay, if I am able and awarded a favorable judgment? I am in Chicago Illinois, the county of Cook. Many thanks in advance @The Unknown Avatar the way her attorney worded it it is not for child support, but for "maintenance" for her, cause she has no job, is a welfare mom now. I am the one who works, and paid all the bills. I have lost my job, my apartment up north and was forced to move back home as a result of the hardship. I thank you all for the supporting answers thus far. @Quizzard I can actually prove that. She lied, as did her friend in court on several dates, we also have a video of her asking me to have a baby with her, and over a dozen witnesses who knows she wanted more kids. She is still legally married to me atm, and just gave birth to a child who is not mine & is living with the new child's father. Cheating, then tossing me in jail on false grounds for fear I would attack her lover, which is true, I would have lost it, if I met the guy, so maybe she saved me a more severe charge, by making one up. But the judge actually warned her witness, that that was a blatant lie and refused to hear anymore testimony, told the witness to get out of her court room before she was arrested, apologized to me for the ordeal and said I was found not guilty and stated a legal jargon, one I don't recall off hand. I plan to have the record expunged in September, as Illinois Law forces me to wait 6 month after the criminal trial ended. Best answer:

Answer by glamorousvivica
The fact of the matter is, you may very well win in a court of law if you pursue it, but if she doesn't have the money to pay...you are SOL. So why go through the drama? What would it really get you? You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment