Sunday, September 23, 2012

How can I file for divorce?

Question by Colleen: How can I file for divorce? I don't have the money for an attorney. I live in Florida. We have two kids and own a home. We separated about 4 months ago and each month he gives me less and less in child support. Since I have nothing legal filed in court yet he has been able to get away with it. I am tired of it though and want to file. He is living in our house and now it needs to be sold because he can't afford the payments. I am just starting a second job to try to take care of myself and the kids. Best answer:

Answer by southernlady
You should be able to go to your local child support service and get the child support through them, until you get to go to court. They will give you the child support and get him in court were he is made to pay the child support based on his income. I had to do this myself. If he does not pay it will be the state locking him up in jail. Just because you have not filed for a divorce does not mean he does not have to support his children. I posted some links about Florida Legal Aid for divorces, the last one should really help you out

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment