Sunday, September 23, 2012

if me and my wife are living in different states and want to get divorced, which state takes precedence?

Question by : if me and my wife are living in different states and want to get divorced, which state takes precedence? I live in new york, and she lives in ga. We got married in ny. Does the divorse have to go through the state we got married in? If not, does anyone know which state would be more favorable? We also have a child so I know child support is a given. I just know the cost of living is less down there then up here. And yes I know to contact an attorney....just lookining to gather some insight before i take that step, thanks. Best answer:

Answer by iyamacog
Whoever files will be the county of that state. Thus if you file than NY, and she will need to travel to appear. If she files than the county in Ga where she resides.......So it may be wise to check both states online to see those two states requirements......♥♥

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment