Monday, September 24, 2012

Is there any legal way to stop my father from attending my mother's funeral? (They're divorced)?

Question by : Is there any legal way to stop my father from attending my mother's funeral? (They're divorced)? My childhood was spent being abused verbally, physically, and sexually by my father. He gave my younger two brothers the same treatment. He was also terribly abusive of our mother; once going so far as to break one of her arms with a rolling pin. After a teacher at my school noticed bruises on my older brother, my father ended up in prison for seven years. He is now a registered sex offender, and I've had no contact with him for almost seventeen years. My mother passed away last week. Her funeral is planned for this coming Saturday. I have heard from my Aunt (my father's sister) that my father inquired with her about time time and place the funeral is being held. Because I refuse to see the man I asked my husband to go see him and remind him that he is most certainly not welcome. My husband was unfortunate unable to track him down, and currently no one knows where he is. I do not want him at the funeral. Neither does anyone else. I have power of attorney over my mother's estate if that makes a difference. I don't know if I can simply call the police or what. The cemetery is not on private property, so I don't know what the law is. I live in New York. If anyone has any information please help. re Uncle: He molested and abused my brothers and I. He beat my mother. And you feel I'm making the drama? Trying to stand there peacefully next to a man who did all he could to virtually ruin our lives is seriously not a pleasant idea. Re Diana B.: "To give Uncle the benefit of the doubt - we are all strangers and you're asking us all to accept your side of what happened." Yeah... Clearly when I was six I unintentionally seduced the man, and my mom was probably bad at washing socks or something, so she deserved some punches to the eye. How foolish of me not to see dad's side of things. Best answer:

Answer by Marusu
sorry im not much help but maybe you could get a restraining order or go down to the police station and ask what you can do about it , tell them how abusive he was and he has been in prison and is registered as a sex offender

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

1 comment:

  1. My Name is Mr Milton from USA am 25 years old i got married at the
    age of 26 i have only one child and i was living happily .After one year of
    my marriage my wife behavior became so strange and i don’t really
    understand what was going on, She packed out of the house to another man. i
    loved her so much that i never dream’s of losing her, i try my possible best
    to make sure that my wife get back to me but all to no avail, i cry and
    cry seeking for help, i discussed it with my best friend Kelvin and he
    promise to help me. He told me of a man called DR Hassan, He told me he is
    a very great man and a real man that can be trusted and there is nothing
    concerning love issues he cannot solve and he told me how he has helped
    countless number of people in restoring their relationship. I was really
    convince, I quickly contacted his email address at
    drhassansolutiontemple@gmail.com I explain all my problem to him, he
    told me that i should not worry that all my problems will be solved
    immediately. He told me what to do to get my wife back and i did, he
    said after 3 days my wife will come back to me and start begging, and it
    really happen as he said, i was very surprise, this is so amazing. To God
    be the glory our relationship is now very tight and we both live happily
    again. If you having similar problem, Contact him now(
    drhassansolutiontemple@gmail.com and get your problem solved once and for
    all. i am a living testimony to it. 1) If you want your ex back. (2) if you
    always have bad dreams. (3) You want to be promoted in your office. (4) You
    want women/men to run after you. (5) If you want a child. (6) You want to
    be rich. (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever. (8) If
    you need financial assistance. (9) How you been scammed and you want to
    recover you lost money. (10)if you want to stop your divorce. (11)if you
    want to divorce your husband. (12)if you want your wishes to be granted.
    once again the email address is drhassansolutiontemple@gmail.com contact him
    immediately

    ReplyDelete