Thursday, April 19, 2012

Attorney's help please?

Question by Joanne B: Attorney's help please? I moved from Wisconsin to Washington three months ago. My future ex still has his permanent address in Wisconsin, but he has been working in California for two months and may be staying there. Where do I file for Divorce? We lived in Wisconsin for 10 years. Best answer:

Answer by JF
First of all, if you have a great local lawyer, please make sure you do it all where you are - but don't necessarily file first. The automatic response of a lawyer far away, on behalf of your husband, will be to request it to be done there. If you don't have a lawyer there or you don't want to travel then ask for your husband to file first...The first person that files has less chance of getting it done where they are. Sometimes a lawyer will travel for your case, but that is very expensive. I'm separated, living separately, waiting for him to file...I totally understand.. I'm sorry for your loss.

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment