Saturday, April 7, 2012

Problems filing for child support 12 years after divorce, what do I do?

Question by peggy m: Problems filing for child support 12 years after divorce, what do I do? What do I do to get child support from my ex-husband. Divorced July 1995, Illinois. Very violent man. No-show divorce judgement, also meant child support not decided. Left it open. Moved to Wisconsin. Son in hospital for diabetes, no insurance, applied to public aid to help with medical costs. They said had "good cause" not to pursue father for child support (1997). Got a job with insurance. No more state aid. Years later (today) job cuts pay, cost of living goes up. I go to Wisconsin child support agency to file for an order to get child support. They say go through Illiniois. Illinois says, not a resident, go through Wisconsin. Have no funds for an attorney. Son's medical expenses each year are more than my annual salary (that's with insurance!) but I make just over the income limit for assistance. Now kids want college in the near future. Any suggestions? For those of you telling me to go to court, I kind of already figured that one out on my own. Problem is which court? Wisconsin has no jurisdiction over an Illinois resident and I am not an Illinois resident! Already been to both! Best answer:

Answer by howie r
go to court and file the papers. it is outrageous that you haven't done this already.

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment