Sunday, April 15, 2012

Uncontested Michigan Divorce?

Question by TeKi: Uncontested Michigan Divorce? My husband and I have been separated for 1 year. He lives in SC (in military) and I moved to MI 1 year ago. In SC you must be separated for 1 year to get an uncontested divorce. He could technically file in SC now however, he is military and did not let them know we were separated and continued to receive extra dependent pay for me for the past year. So now he wants to go through MI so that he won't have to pay all that money back. My question is this..he keeps putting the divorce off now. I am READY TO MOVE ON! I just don't have the money to file myself here. Anyone have any suggestions? If I still lived in SC I would just go file through the military for free but with being so far away I don't have that option. I know NOTHING about MI law and am very skeptical about seeing an attorney here. I want to make sure I am getting the best advice not just someone wanting to make some money off me. Thanks! Best answer:

Answer by sweet granny 06
if they have a legal aid why don't you call them if you don't got income it's no fee but if you do they go by income i don't know nothing about Michigan

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment