Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I am trying to file for divorce in NC, need an inexpensive atty or do it myself?

Question by Buddysgurl: I am trying to file for divorce in NC, need an inexpensive atty or do it myself? My husband and I have been separated for a year now. I want to file and be done with him. We do have a child right now but have worked out custody on our own. I want the most least expensive option whether it be through an attorney or doing it myself. He left me with all the household items and property and has taken what he wants. it should be pretty easy, I just want it filed and done with. Anyone know a good cheap attorney or how I can file. I don't not want to use the online do it yourself divorces because they seem like a scam. Oh, and we do not own any property or houses or have assets or 401k or anything.... Thanks! Best answer:

Answer by lorisam7879
The easiest and least expensive way to file for diovrce is to make it uncontested (agreed upon). You can do it yourself, you don't need a lawyer unless its contested. Ass marital assets will be split equally depending on your state. Not all online divorces are scams, I used a document prep service and was incredibly pleased with it, just do your research and only use one that has a good rep and offers a guarantee.

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment