Friday, April 20, 2012

How can I best prepare to file as defendent in a divorce?

Question by Aunt Andy: How can I best prepare to file as defendent in a divorce? My soon-to-be-ex husband has filed with the Los Angeles courthouse his declaration and I need to file mine this week. I'm filing at the San Fernando Courthouse. I've completed the documents and am confident I did it correctly. Any pointers? How much money will it cost? What is the BEST time to go? Does it cost to park? Are the clerks rude? (so I'm mentally prepared!) I made three copies and prepared the envelopes. Anything else? I can't afford an attorney so I'm doing this by myself. I've looked at their website and can't find this information. I can use all the kind help I can get. Thank you. Best answer:

Answer by davidmi711
Any pointers? - You bet, hire a good lawyer. A good lawyer is expensive, lack of a good lawyer is even more expensive. A wise man once said "If you think the cost of an education is expensive, you should try the cost of ignorance" Look for legal aide societies in your area. By the way, you are already in trouble. There are no defendants in divorces. There are petitioners and respondents.

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment