Sunday, April 29, 2012

Legal Advice please help!?

Question by ♥Mrs. Mac♥: Legal Advice please help!? I have been seperated from my husband since last April...and in SC you have to be seperated a year before you file for divorce...unless you do legal seperation. My husband filed for divorce at his attorney's office...I dont have one, or not yet anyway. Well I went to pick up the papers at his attorney's office yesterday...and I have no clue about this whole thing so I just signed what they gave me. Well...on his amended complaint it states that I should be responsible for reimbursing the medical insurance that he has had to pay for me since April, 2006 since his insurance carrier would not let him take me off until the divorce is final. So like I said earlier I signed these papers, not knowing what they said. Well I have been paying my own insurance since then...and I had no clue that he could not take me off...I just don't feel it's my responsibility to pay that...I just don't know how bad it is that I have signed the papers...I have done an amended answer...how much is that goin g to help me though? I'm just really scared...I don't know how much his insurance is with me on it...and his lawyer is being a real jerk now that he knows I'm going to amend the answer...but he's not helping me anyway. And please don't give me a lecture about "you should not sign without reading" I know this...I just never thought he would do this. I gaurantee if I thought he would have been trying to take more from me I would have, but I just thought he was better than that. I mean it's already paid for why does it matter, right? And I just feel it's his responsibility, regardless if we are seperated. Best answer:

Answer by tnsupermomwhit
you need a lawyer now,before you end up paying for everything,your husband's attorney should have explained to you what you were signing,my sister in an attorney and she said to get an attorney now,before you go before a judge , or you will be paying for lots of things you did not agree to

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment