Monday, April 16, 2012

Q&A: If I need to file contempt in the county where my divorce took place?

Question by : If I need to file contempt in the county where my divorce took place? I was a wisconsin resident when I had my divorced filed in IA. The reason it was filed in Iowa, was my attorney said I wasn't a resident in WI long enough to file here. Now I need to file contempt against him for back child support, unpaid medical bills, division of property etc... does this need to be filed where the divorce was filed or can I do it through the court house here where I reside. Problem with filing back there, would be hard for me to go back and file during hours court house is open. I'm a full time student and work part-time, so my schedule doesn't really allow for me to just take off and go back during weekday- this is several hours away from where I live. and is there a time limit in which to file for things such as property division? Best answer:

Answer by olderbutwiser
It needs to be filed where the divorce was filed! I would talk to my lawyer first however!

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment