Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Can I contest a divorce decree that I signed 9 years ago?

Question by Dan S: Can I contest a divorce decree that I signed 9 years ago? In 1999 I was legally divorced from the mother or my daughter. At the time I was 22 years old and just out of the Army. I had no legal representation and signed the agreement that was presented to me by her attorney. I recently reviewed this agreement as it pertains to child support. I noticed that the section referencing the length of time that I will be responsible for paying support stated that the payments will continue past the age of 18 as long as my daughter is attending any continuing education. According to the below PA law do I have any recourse to fight this? Since I signed the divorce decree can it now be amended? In Pennsylvania , child support is payable until a child reaches eighteen years old or graduates from high school, whichever is later. (The Pennsylvania Supreme Court declared that parents cannot be forced by a court to pay for college expenses of a child unless the parent has signed a written agreement providing for college support.) However, a duty of support may continue beyond the age of eighteen, if a child is unable to support himself or herself because of a physical or mental disability. The amount of child support that is payable in a case is based upon the monthly after tax incomes or earning capacities of the child's parents. Best answer:

Answer by oldmarine08
Sure, just takes money and time!

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment