Tuesday, July 31, 2012

visitation in prison?

divorce attorney los angeles
by dbking
Question by : visitation in prison? I have been the primary caregiver of my two children ages 9 and 11 since birth. I have been divorced for 8 years. I have a very close relationship with my children. There father is going to prison and the court has ordered visitation. I had already offered to take the children to the prison that is far from our home and requires flying, renting a car and staying in a hotel. Even after making this offer, the court ordered the visitation with my ex-husbands sisters as the people to take them. I feel like my parental rights have been violated as I think they should have their mother and support there for these visits. I am shocked that the court would all but cast my role as their mother aside and make this order. Is there any recourse for something like this? 1 hour ago - 4 days left to answer. Additional Details Thank you. I don't know if I'm answering this right. This is in California. He is sentenced in California just outside of Reno but the flight is to Reno to get there from Los Angeles. The sentence is at a minimum security camp and the judge things it is in the childrens best interest to fly to Reno then drive to the prison every 8 weeks for the next two years with extended family who have little involvement in their lives. I am very concerned. They have never traveled without me (let alone to a prison) other than vacations with their dad. I am reeling from court today and can't believe that they ordered this. Especially after I offered to take them 4 times a year, xmas, spring break and twice in summer and more if the boys seemed to need that. This all happened in chambers so I have no idea what was said. As for paying, he will pay if his sisters take them otherwise he wanted me to pay. Note that he also is in arrears for 2 years of child support. 39 minutes ago Also, I have a great attorney who has been with me through 8 years. We were both stunned and I refused to sign the order so we have to go back. I am shocked and shaken. Best answer:

Answer by silky1
A very touching situation. However even though you may feel you should be the one to supervise the visits, maybe it's better off for the other party to handle them. Since you have an attorney to help you with this matter and can argue your case to the judge you are in the best hands. Good Luck.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment