Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Document Stating Child Custody?

Question by Christy F: Document Stating Child Custody? If I type up my own document stating my exhusband gives me sole custody of our daughter and we both sign in front of a notary will that document be any good if in the future if he tries to take her without my permission. I am just trying to figure out a way to not pay 1800 dollars to an attorney because he is willing to give me custody. Of course the document will include things about visitaion, holidays and such. I live in NC, only have one child and we are divorced. Im asking if he takes her can I use that document to get her back. If he takes her out of state without my permission can I take this paper to police and say he took my daughter and they do something about it or will it be no good? Best answer:

Answer by Snark Tut
Will the document be any good for what? If you want something to document what the two of you have agreed so the two of you can consult it then sure. You don't even need to notarize it. If you want to use it to legally enforce something then you'll have to go to court anyway. The fact that it's notarized will not bind the judge though.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment