Saturday, July 28, 2012

Q&A: In Florida, Can a Veterans Admin disability settlement be included in a divorce settlement?

Question by single_mother_orlando: In Florida, Can a Veterans Admin disability settlement be included in a divorce settlement? My wife, after being married 26 years has decided to divorce me and we agreed to a non-contested divorce and now the Judge wouldn't sign off on it, advising my wife to hire an attorney and feels she should get more equity out of the house, I offered her 60,000.00 and told her she's entitled to my VA disability although she "herself" receives a workmans comp check of $ 2000.00 a month. We live in Orlando, FL. I didn;t tell her she was entitled to my VA disabilty....the Judge did....but I think the Judge was wrong Best answer:

Answer by Sandra K
I don't think the VA will allow you to sign over your disability check. That is for YOUR disability and she shouldn't be entitled to it. Disability checks are like Social Security Disability. Why would you give that to someone who doesn't want to be married to you anymore?

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment