Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Responding to being served with divorce papers in pennsylvania?

Question by Holly K: Responding to being served with divorce papers in pennsylvania? I have served my husband with divorce papers in the state of PA under law 3301d. He lives in Nevada, I have served him with papers via certified mail and he has 20 days to respond. The papers I was told to send him do not have a place for him to sign, so how does he respond if he is willing to give me the divorce? Also if he does not respond within 20 days I have been told to stop the process and consult an attorney, How ever the law I am filling under is to grant divorce if the parties have been separated (living separate) for 2 years or more which we have. Being that the case, if he does not respond can I still proceed filling and represent myself? Best answer:

Answer by Mike
if he does not respond after the alloted period give him an extra 4-6 weeks to respond. he responds by sending a letter of acknowledgement usually thru an attorney. If he fails to do anything, you can seek a judgement by default.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment