Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Q&A: Need Legal advice and Not sure which state to turn to?

Question by sheilah f: Need Legal advice and Not sure which state to turn to? I am divorced working on completing my bachelors (6 more classes left) was married almost 15 years. He retired from Army 3 years before our divorce. He now tells me he might go back active duty to instruct rotc. I would lose temp the retireement. It has helped me with expenses etc since I have not found good employment with little experience and only have an AA right now. How do I get an attorney trained in this? I was told to go to state we were divorced in (GA) then I was told to go to state he lives in (VA) I reside in NC. Ive been given run around and cant afford huge attorney fees.We do have children oldest enters college this year. I need a lawyer! Just need to know which state to go to and if there is one who will represent me I can afford. Best answer:

Answer by Juli
To the best of my knowledge you need to file in the state where the marriage took place or is on file at the Register of Deeds Office. I understand that may be on the other side of the country. You can research Lawyers in the _state of the marriage_ on www.findlaw.com (Free searching). Make sure to call or email the Lawyers you found and ask them these questions. In your case since your soon to be Ex husband was active Military when you married you can look into a JAG - I am not sure what cases they cover and if you need to still be active military. Good Luck!

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment