Monday, July 2, 2012

Q&A: Son decided not to come home on plane as we previous agreed..."runaway" question:?

Question by Darrel: Son decided not to come home on plane as we previous agreed..."runaway" question:? I'm working on a divorce, and dealing with the fact that my soon to be ex tricked me into letting her enroll my son in a school in Missouri and then left him there with a mutual friend when she returned to California. The original agreement was for him to attend 1 semester out there and then he would return. I had no clue that she was going to bail on him. I've flown out to spend time with him, and flew him home to Los Angeles for the Christmas break. He was supposed to return to Missouri to finish the last two weeks of the school semester and return home on 1/17. He texted me that morning to tell me he decided to stay out there. I told him he didn't have the authority to make that decision, and that he needed to get on the plane. I told him he didn't have any family out there, but he's under the impression his mom is moving out there. (The truth is she won't as that would mean her leaving the kids and not cashing in on child support). His mom thinks he's better off in Missouri since he's mad at us. He's a teen, they're always mad at their parents. He needs to get over it. My wife's attorney has made it clear to her that my son needs to be here in California. My attorney has made it clear that I don't NEED her to agree for me to bring my son back, but her support to bring him back is desireable. I've already conferred with mental health professionals and have all the backing I need to support my efforts to return him home. So here's my question: I no longer have the money to pay for multiple flights for me to go out there and drag his butt back myself. How do runaway laws work between states? Is his act of deciding to ignore my instructions to get on the plane and return home enough to qualify him as a runaway? What happens to his record if he's declare a runaway? How does he get returned home, and how much might it cost? Forgot to mention: He's 15 years old. Yahoo! Answers has yielded some EXCELLENT advice in the past, but I never take anything I get as the "ultimate authority" because it IS open to anyone to answer. Thanks for the advice to call CPS, but I didn't want to "tip off" any agencies to have them start mangling matters before I can take my own steps to correct the situation. I want to be able to approach my son with all the information I can glean in the hope that he will get on the darn plane next time without me having to resort to more "official" measures. Best answer:

Answer by r m
why are you not contacting your local law enforcement, your local court house, your local child protection unit social services and your lawyer to ask these questions? this is yahoo answers, not the court of appeals lol at 15 hes a minor, and unless hehas solid grounds to ask cps to advocate for him and divorce his parents, he has to be returned to you and you don't need anyones consent.

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment