Sunday, July 1, 2012

Q&A: What is a 'continued action department" in immigration?Does this mean my husbands green card will be denied?

divorce attorney los angeles
by dbking
Question by Love me, Love You!: What is a 'continued action department" in immigration?Does this mean my husbands green card will be denied? My husband I went for a adjustment of status interview December 7th 2010., and I 'm not sure how it went. It was a very short interviewer.The interviewer didnt ask that many questions, she never asked to see our pictures, or anything like that.It started off withthe interviewer questioning my husband about his previous marriage, and questioned him about his petition with to his first wife which was denied.He said he did not know.She then questioned him about his arrest in 2008 for a misdemeanor conviction.She then asked him his name, birthdate, and she took all of his documents and then questioned him about how did he meet me.I left to use the restroom, and when i came back she asked me where did I work, how much did I make per hour, when did I start my job and that was it...the interview probably lasted 15 minutes, ... Our attorney asked the immigration officer if she would like to see photos,the officer said no.She then stated they would need to review our case furthur and we should recieve something in the mail within 30 days.well 3-0 days passed, and January 10th my husband went and paid a visit to see where was his case, they explained to him that they were still in need of more documentaion, and it would 30 to 60 more days.My husband was able to find out that his first wife withdrew her petion during their green card interview during seperation(yes they were seperated at the interview), but the reason is unclear. we dont know what she said, or what the scenario was, that made her withdraw,So due to his anxiety and frustration, he has me taking him to to go see a different lawyer everyday to consult on what could happen, and I am getting frustrated as well, because this is all he talks about every day...so now hes made the decision to get rid of his current lawyer and hire a different lawyer to take his case,(even though case is still pending) and so he went down to immigration on friday(Feb 11) to see what was going on with his case, and another officer just old him that his case is in "coninued action department" and she would talk to the officer that handled his case tommorrow(Monday) which would make 60 days, to see what is going on( is this a good idea?Does it sound like hes petition could be denied? Additional Details sidenote:he was convicted of a misdeanor(rental fraud).. another sidenote:okay, he married his first wife (Jan 2008) arranged indian marrriage, they petitioned in Chicago, Illinois, she lived in chicago, he lived in Los Angeles,(where he attended school, on a school visa) they 're change of adjustment of status interview was in Nov 2008)they were seperated during the interview, her parents faxed him a letter a month later, from immigration sating his I 485 was denied, but they never let him know theyre daugher withdrew her petition,( after the interview they never spoke again) in May 2009, his first wife filed for divorce, divorce finalized October 2009, he was put into deportation proceedings, we married November 2009, his deportation case was thrown out July 2010, interview December 2010... Best answer:

Answer by bobby
its sounds like they are getting ready to deport him.he's right to get another lawyer the one he has seems to be stringing you guys along.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment