Friday, July 13, 2012

LEGAL question about annulment?

Question by : LEGAL question about annulment? My husband of 3 years has just informed me that he isn't sure if he is divorced from his ex wife. She disappeared him years ago and he never filed for divorce. He doesn't know if she ever filed in another state or not. We do not know where she lives or her current last name. He have tried to search for her with no luck. A) How do we find out if she did in fact file for a missing person divorce in another state? B) If they are still married, how do I go about getting my marriage to him annulled? We were married in TN, but reside in NC. We have a son together and I haven''t been able to get any attorney to return my call! When we got our marriage license, he told them about the previous marriage, but they did not ask for proof of divorce. At that time, he told me he was divorced. It wasn't until now, 3 years later, that I find out that he isn't actually sure that he is. I would have never married him without making sure it was taken care of, had I known! Best answer:

Answer by mermaid out of water
Im not sure about the laws in TN but if its the same as here, your marriage would automatically be void if in fact he is still married. Before you can even get married, if you've had a previous marriage you have to tell them that and provide a copy of the divorce decree. Alot of states even have a time requirement that must pass before you can get married again.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment