Saturday, July 14, 2012

Replacing lost documents...?

Question by jmd72inva: Replacing lost documents...? we had a flood in our basement (what fun) I need to replace my passport and I need to obtain copies of my divorce papers. I know how to get my passport (but don't know how much it will cost)...but how do I get a copy of my divorce? I was divorced in New York (city) and have no contact with my ex- and couldn't remember the attorney's name if my life depended on it. So if anyone knows how much a replacement passport costs and how to go about getting copies of my divorce papers it would be greatly appreciated! Best answer:

Answer by wizjp
Divorce records are public records in the court of the county you were divorced in. Call the NYC clerk of the court; they can direct your to a webpage or a person who can advise you the bgest way to obtain the copies there; should be no big deal.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment