Monday, June 11, 2012

Getting a divorce in Florida. need advice!?

Question by Brooklyn's Mommy: Getting a divorce in Florida. need advice!? To make a long story short. My mom has supported my lazy, unemployed dad for the 25 years of their marriage. He started cheating on her and taking my mom's tax returns, money from a house that was sold, and putting it into accounts in his name. My mom wants a divorce. She went to an attorney and the attorney charged 2k for a retainer fee. She told my mom she wont be able to tell her how much the divorce is going to cost. My mom doesn't have a lot of money, Maybe like 14k in savings. My parents have approx. 450k in assets and agree on split custody of my brother (who is still under 18). How much do you think this is going to cost my mom? Will she be able to afford it? She doesn't want to give up all her savings to an attorney and be left with nothing. Please help, this is very stressful for myself and our whole family. Thank you!!! Best answer:

Answer by BRAE
hmm, well all she has to do is ask the attorney. but im quite sure it wont take all of her savings. and one more thing , she will most likely be able to save or get back all she spent on the divorce by not being with the hubby no more. a great investment if you ask me.

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment