Monday, June 25, 2012

Q&A: Alimony in NC?

Question by Sevvy Blackfoot - Shadowsong: Alimony in NC? ok here's my scenario.. My soon to be ex wife got to an attorney before I did and started the process to file for divorce. Our marriage ended when she abandoned our family and moved in with another man. I filed a missing person report when she disappeared so i have records of the abandonment (and the detectives found her living with another man in a different state so i've got proof of the adultery too) i have reciepts of payment for marriage couseling sessions that are all in my name to prove that i actually worked to keep things together... i have proof that she was physically abusive.. my lawyer has it all also her attorney says that she's seeking alimony and payment of her legal fees. i do make more than her a month, but i feel like the system has failed if it lets this "monster" exploit the life we had and the lives that have been built afterwards... 1. what are the rules about alimony payment? 2. if i'm ordered to pay, can i be arrested for not paying? Best answer:

Answer by nofx
What did your lawyer say? I'm no expert but it sounds like she doesn't have a prayer to get alimony. Personaly if I were in your situation and it was pay or go to jail then they would have to lock me up.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment