Saturday, June 2, 2012

I'm searching for a legal aid lawyer in Kentucky (divorcing military emotionally abusive husband)?

Question by FionaLeona: I'm searching for a legal aid lawyer in Kentucky (divorcing military emotionally abusive husband)? I'm trying to get away from my emotionally abusive husband here in Fort Knox. I've sought help through family advocacy and they have him in counseling. He's still acting up. I've contacted the mp's several times and they had us both sign a document that if we have another altercation we're both to leave housing as we live on post. I can only report him to our counselors but they've only suggested I learn to live with him until he's finished counseling. I can't deal with this anymore. He accuses me of stuff and pulls our daughter in the middle of his berating me and causing arguments. I'm so tired. I've contacted legal aid here in Kentucky (I can't afford a lawyer he's the one with the income) and they tell me that they have no services here in Fort Knox for the next couple of months. I went to the court to file divorce papers myself but they won't allow you to file without a lawyer because they don't have pro se' divorce papers, you get them from your attorney. I want him out of the house to give us (my daughter and me) some relief. I'd love to leave and take my daughter home with me to my parents until I find a job in Chicago but they have a law here that prevents a parent from taking the child out of state when both have joint custody. Is there a way to get around this? Is there anything I can do? He starts arguments and when I try to leave the house he follows us to the store, he hides my clothes and important documents, takes away my cellphone and internet service so I can't contact my family. He will take my daughters pictures and pretend they are hidden and tell me that I've lost them, things like that. He told my daughter I don't want to feed her if I ask him to pick up something from the grocery store, he tells her and other people that I'm trying to turn her against him, but she sees him doing all of these horrible things. He has been removed from the house for a week already. Then they got him in counseling for batterers. Also, they have removed him a few other times from the house for 3 days at a time. I don't have the gas money to get to Georgia where we were married and file for the divorce, once again, he is the breadwinner. I have sought the divorce here in Kentucky, we're stationed in Fort Knox the details are posted above. Also, I assumed that since we are married we are both the custodial parents. In order to move out of the state with my child I will have to go through the courts or it is considered parental kidnapping here in Kentucky. After they put him in the counseling I said he could come home because I assumed things would be different, but they we had the usual honeymoon phase before he began his erratic behavior again. I did briefly visit the women's shelter while he was away with the MPO. I left the night he was due home. I went to court the following Monday and the judge ruled that she could only refer me to children and family services and family advocacy because there was no violence in the home! Best answer:

Answer by MAJ Kev
I understand the point that your husband is in the military, but this is really not a military-theme question. I strongly recommend that you re-post this in the Legal section.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment