Thursday, June 28, 2012

Q&A: Please help, I dont know what state to file for divorce in!?

Question by mightymouse: Please help, I dont know what state to file for divorce in!? I moved from CA to NC about 5 months ago, Im not sure if I should get a do it yourself kit or an attorney, but the problem is, I dont even know which state to start in! Pls help? I want to do this without going to court, we want to do this simply with no arguing over property, is this possible? I read something that said you dont have to go to court necessarily if you get an attorney, and you have to be a resident of NC for 6 months before filing, is it better to file in CA through an attorney? thank you so much. Best answer:

Answer by Kristy T
do it in nc, because that is where you are a resident and where you would want to attend court in.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment