Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Q&A: What is the Statue of limitation on a divorce in texas?

Question by Fredia b: What is the Statue of limitation on a divorce in texas? I was held in default in texas 9/06 on my divorce case (not knowing there was an hearing) I found out 1/07, but I couldn't touch him, because he was in Iraq 11/06. I live in New York. A process server stated in a citation that he served me the divorce documents ,which isn't true. My husband knew I had moved. In the process he didn't inform the judge that there was a spousal support order issued two weeks before the divorce what can I do, here in New York. I have already made a complaint to the Attorney General in New York, on the process server. What else can I do? Best answer:

Answer by lestermount
File your complaints with the Attorney General in Texas. The process server could very likely lose his license, and the court should re hear the case since you were not served if you can show why you have not taken action in over two years. If you can show that your ex knew where you were and did not notify you then he could be in trouble too.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment