Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Uncontested Divorce - Spouse Moved to Florida?

Question by Howard S: Uncontested Divorce - Spouse Moved to Florida? I filed an uncontested divorce in Virginia after a separation agreement was signed and a 12-month separation period. When I went through an attorney to do the final filing, my wife's attorney claimed she moved to Florida and is no longer living in Virginia. She still owns real property in Vrginia. My attorney is saying I will have to file in Florida. Isn't there any other option? Thanks in advance. Best answer:

Answer by vaughnc5920
If there is action already filed in Virginia you shouldn't have to re-file. If she has filed action against you in Florida, you will have to file responses, actions regarding any children that live with her etc.... in Florida.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get Free Legal Advice at http://free-legal-information.anaxom.com/ - Know Your Legal Rights !

No comments:

Post a Comment